Website Norwegian Refugee Council– Cameroon
MONITORING AND EVALUATION OFFICER based in Buea( National Only) – Cameroon
Norwegian Refugee Council
These responsibilities shall be adapted to the particularities of the job location and context, phase of operation, strategic focus and type of programme intervention. This section shall be revised whenever a new employee is hired or the context changes significantly.
- Support programme staff in planning for and executing M&E, including, data collection methodology and tools and data management, analysis and use;
- Support the implementation, dissemination and use of evaluations, assessments and monitoring data in programme development, adjustment or review;
- Contribute to organizational learning through supporting specific analysis, lessons learned and reports;
- Capacity building and training of programme and M&E support staff on M&E technical and conceptual areas;
- Supervise and mentor M&E support staff in executing M&E plans;
- Contribute to the design of M&E staffing structure and resourcing, including collaboration with programme staff to identify and plan for M&E needs;
- Perform any other task assigned by the immediate supervisor.
- Proven practical experience in the planning and execution of M and E with at least 3 years’ experience in a humanitarian and development programme preferably with an INGO;
- Experience in data collection, analysis, computation, management and development of reports;
- Experience in managing data from different core competencies in a relief programme is essential;
- Proven ability to use MS Office software (especially Word, power point and Excel) is essential, Experience with other computer programs such as SAP 2000 and Microsoft Project office would be an advantage.
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts;
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities;
- Fluency in English is required;
- Experience in report writing.
- Knowledge of South-West and North-West regions use, habit and local language;
- Knowledge of the context in South-West and North-West region;
- Experience of working with partners e.g. Local NGOs;
- Ability to work under pressure, independently and with limited supervision;
- Highest standard of ethics and integrity;
- Ability to work in insecure environments;
- communicating with respect;
- Good analytical skills, with an ability to translate analysis into recommendations for practical action, including concept note and proposal development;
- Excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills;
- Cultural sensitivity;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Beginning: October 2018
Duration of the contract: Fixed term contract, 3 months with possibility of renewal according to the financing
Salary / Benefits: According to the NRC Salary Policy.
Duty station: Buea, Cameroon with 25% of field trips
To apply for this job please visit www.nrc.no.