Job Title: Office Assistant
Job openings: 02
Locations: 01 for Littoral and 01 for Centre region
Reports to: Admin Officer in Yaoundé and HR & Admin Officer in Douala Office
Contract Duration: One year with possibility of extension
Terms of Offer: This position is remunerated on local terms. (for local candidates only)
Possible start date: Immediate/April 1st, 2018
The Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation is a global leader in the fight against pediatric HIV and AIDS, working in 19 countries and at over 5,500 sites around the world to prevent the transmission of HIV to children, and to help those already infected. Today, because of the highly successful work of the Foundation and its partners, pediatric AIDS has been virtually eliminated in the United States. With a growing global staff of over 1,000—nine of 10 who work in the field—the Foundation’s global mission is to implement HIV prevention, care, and treatment programs; further advance innovative research; and to execute strategic and targeted global advocacy activities to bring dramatic change to the lives of millions of women, children, and families worldwide. For more information, please, visit our page: www.pedaids.org.
EGPAF works in partnership with the Ministry of Health NACC and the Regional and District Health Teams to support HIV Prevention, Care and Treatment and health systems strengthening services. EGPAF is mainly funded by PEPFAR through the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the United States Agency for International Development (USAID).
Purpose of the Job
The Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation is seeking 02 two Office Assistants to undertake general office cleaning, run office errands and administer the front office in absence the Receptionist in the EGPAF Cameroon Yaoundé Office and in the field office in Douala. The two Office Assistants will report to the Administrative Officer in Yaoundé office and to the HR & Administration Officer in the Douala Field office respectively.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible of daily office cleanness and the properties (floor, windows, doors, ceiling, equipment, furniture and kitchen utensils)
- Assist in photocopying, binding, distribution/transmission of documents from office to office
- Prepare staff tea (if need be) and other office requirement as scheduled by office time table.
- Ensure that all files are kept properly, and office supplies are issued and recorded in store ledger as instructed by the supervisor.
- Ensure that Foundation properties are kept clean and safe all the time.
- Maintain records and report on every office supplies (office/kitchen supplies)
- Running office errands e.g. mail posting and delivery of letters and payment of office bills
- Keep the reception area tidy and welcoming during office hours
- Any other routine office errand duties assigned by the supervisor in liaison with Finance/HR Officer and Operations Manager.
Education & Experience
- Some secondary education
- Experience at least 3 years working with reputable organizations as an office Assistant
- Any college certificate or diploma from reputable institution will be an added advantage.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Able to write and speak fluently in English or French
- Computer literate and knowledge to operate office equipment (photocopier, fax, telephone and scan machine)
- Have excellent interpersonal, organizational and customer care skills
- Ability to read and write in English or French
How to apply
Qualified candidates should submit a CV and cover letter through the following link.
Please note that only short-listed applicants meeting the above requirements will be contacted.